1) If you have children in the home, how many are there, and what are their ages?
2) How much of an influence do you believe television viewing has on children? A lot, Somewhat, Only a Little, or None at All
3) In thinking about how much media your child uses including: television viewing and movies- would you say that those media are mainly a positive influence in their lives, a negative influence in their lives, not much of an influence one way or the other, or it depends.
4) How many TVs do you have in your household?
5) If you have a TV do you have cable, satellite TV, or not?
6) Is there a TV in your child’s/any of your children’s bedroom?
7) How much television do you watch with your children?
8) Now I’m going to read you a list of some things people say about children’s media use. For each one, please tell me if you think it is TRUE, NOT true, or you’re not sure if it’s true or not.
a) Kids who watch a lot more TV are more likely to have attention deficit disorder
b) Kids who watch a lot more TV are more likely to be overweight
c) Kids who watch educational TV have better verbal skills
d) Baby videos have a positive effect on early childhood development
e) Kids who watch television before bedtime have a harder time falling asleep
FOLLOW UP TO THOSE WHO THINK IT’S TRUE:
9. Is that based mainly on your OWN experiences and observations or on what you have heard in the news?
10) If you or your spouse work, is it part-time, full-time, retired, or not employed for pay?